Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



O.K., so, I'm not Irish, but Conan is. So I felt obligated to celebrate this holiday to certain extent. Also, I'm not a drinker, but Conan is . . . Case in point:



Given these circumstances, I found myself obligated to do something to rectify this situation. I had planned to do something special for St. Patty's day in honor of Conan . . . but I woke up this morning (obviously) and after crying "5 more minutes!" for what seemed to be an eternity, I completely forgot about it and went off to work NOT WEARING GREEN!

Then, I had the audacity to tell people who asked me why wasn't I wearing green that I wasn't Irish, in case they hadn't noticed, so why the hell would I celebrate St. Patty's day. Then all of a sudden in hit me: Conan is of Irish descent! Surely celebrating this holiday must bring me closer to him (I'm not normal, so stop looking surprised, don't expect normalcy from me). But then life happened, and people happened, and work happened, and stupid guys happened, and I'm now home doing nothing for St. Patty's day because I gotta study for a midterm. Sigh, I have let him down.

The only thing that makes me feel better is that I did receive my punishment for not wearing green. I was pinched in the arm by this guy who has a bullring piercing that hurts me in the nose every time I see him. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! He had the four leaf clover pin and everything! And he has the coolest Versace glasses that only a guy with a bullring piercing can pull off.

So even though I didn't celebrate St. Patrick's day but getting hammered from morning to noon, as some do, I did remember Conan and I did get my pinch, so there! Happy St. Patty's day to me!

1 comment:

  1. This guy with a bullring piercing, tell me more....
    lol.

    And next year you and I will go out and celebrate with Conan--- at a distance as the restraining order says.

    ReplyDelete