Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wake me up in 2010...wait, what's today's date?

Baby, even the losers, get lucky sometimes
Baby, even the losers, keep a little bit of pride, they get lucky sometimes

I've learned what the inside of an Emergency Room looks like, and I've learned how to sleep in a chair. I learned I don't care much for Christmas, because nothing says "Jesus was born" better than mass amounts of shopping right? I've learned we can all feel understood by just listening to any Bruce Springsteen song. Drink more water, carbs are evil. Pigeons have suicidal tendencies (just ask my car) and a group of crows is called a "murder," which makes me think crows have been unfairly demonized.

I've learned I need God. I've learned that I'm reaching my breaking point in customer service and I can't fake cheerfulness much longer. I learned craigslist both rocks and sucks! I've learned I need Saturdays off and that bonuses are taxed. I learned people are bigger idiots than I thought and I've learned misanthropy exists for a reason. I learned I might have a personality trait called alexithymia which is a state of deficiency in understanding, processing, or describing emotions. That. explains. a lot.

I've learned I need to learn that "what you don't have you don't need it now." I learned there were gypsies in my family tree and possibly a Count. I learned it's hard to convince your family to move to another state. I learned it's even harder to move by yourself. I learned 5 pounds make absolutely no difference. I learned that ice skating in the dark is freakin awesome and that I can still do a split. Pilates are good, resentment is bad, envy is ugly. I learned it's easier to say "I love you" to an animal because they don't understand what it means.

And I've learned that even the losers get lucky sometimes.



...work in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment