Friday, July 30, 2010

This is freakin ridiculous



I'll be the first one to say technology doesn't really do it for me. I like it, but in moderation. I have a cellphone, in which I keep all my music and have Internet access, a laptop, an older than old TV and a car. That's all I need and that's all I want. I don't care for ipods, or plasma TV's, flat screens, Mac gadgets, kindles, top notch speakers, or any other techy gadgets out there. Not to say I would reject any of those things if they were given to me as a present, but I'm simple gal, at least in that respect. Also, we move a lot, so the only things I like to accumulate are shoes and books. No framed pictures, decorations, or posters in my room. And that's the way I like it. Yeah, I feel it inhibits my creativity a bit, but for now I keep my creativity in my closet and writing, not on my walls.

Now, having said that, when your TV is so old that the broken antennae can't actually get a signal unless you build a tall and rather dangerous tower of books so you can connect to channel 13 so that you can watch Seinfeld re-runs...maybe it's to give newer technology a chance.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say.. I absolutely LOVE your taste in music! Your blog looks really nice too :------)

    ReplyDelete