Monday, August 2, 2010

That's All I'm Sayin'




I haven't read the Twilight books. I saw the first movie of the saga, and that's how I know Twilight is not up my alley. I have friends swearing up and down the books are "waaaay better than the movie." I had one professor told me it's ok, just not very good literature.

I don't doubt it's interesting, the movie was. I mean, I didn't get up and walked out on it. But I seriously doubt The Twilight Saga will leave a big mark in the vampire genre. Not like Interview with the Vampire did, Not like The Lost Boys did, Not like Dracula did. At least that's what I believe. That's probably the reason why I'm not up-in-arms about it. I don't think it's here to stay. The movie had it's cliché moments, its interesting moments, and its "oh c'mon! Are you kidding me!?" moments. It's ridiculous (although understandable) to me how popular it became, but to each his own. Now, having said that, when you tell me it's the best book "ever" written, to that I shake my head and say: You need to read more, because boy...

You ain't seen nothing yet.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, as a childish 14-year-old I kinda liked the books. Of course I can't claim they're "the best books ever written" or anything like that, they're definitely NOT. Haha, actually I have no idea why I liked the books, the plot is full of clichés and so on.. Well, Twilight books are not the best books ever written but they're not the worst either.
    Aaand I don't know about the movies, I haven't seen them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought the first movie (which is the only one I've seen) was entertaining enough. I get the books appeal, just not the people that claim is the best thing ever to happen to the vampire genre. lol, my friend hates it when I badmouth her favorite movie and books EVAH! Too bad Michelle! Haha.

    ReplyDelete