Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Let me inside, no cause for alarm"



I didn't know how I felt about Brandon Flowers going solo until I heard Crossfire. I guess I feel good about it after all. I forgot how much I love his voice. Although Brandon Flowers sans The Killers is not the same, I think that has more to do with my attachment to them as a band and not with the quality of the music or his talent. They are just one of my favorite bands and there's a little bit of nostalgia in seeing him going solo. He said it was temporary so let's hope it is so.
It's funny he named his album Flamingo because I love flamingos for one reason and one reason only.

William Shatner's Denny Crane and James Spader's Alan Shore as flamingos. 'Nuff said. I heard somewhere that a lot of important events in Brandon's life happened in Flamingo Road in Vegas, hence the title. Though it got mixed reviews, I personally enjoyed the album a lot. The sound is different from the Killers, maybe a little less indie, but a lot of Flowers in it, and that's just as good.



And when the hardest part is over we'll be here,
And our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears,
The Boundaries of our fears...


No comments:

Post a Comment