Monday, March 7, 2011

Crab Cakes




So I've been meaning to get back into the kitchen and fulfill one of my New Years resolution (not really), which was to cook and bake more. But with working Mon-Fri (getting thurs off here and there) and going to school Saturday and Sunday, cooking more went to the back burner and here I am, relying on eating out (my pocket is all kinds of sad) and my mom. And don't get me started on my resolution to get into watercolors again (Ha!).
Aaaanyway, I found this really simple recipe for crab cakes. I had some last night and it reminded me why I wanted to cook more in the first place. Come June, things may slow down only to speed up again in september, so hopefully I will make these at least before we all die in 2012.

Delmarva Crab Cakes
by Mrs. James Blizzard

Ingredients
1 pound lump crab meat
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon green pepper (chopped)
dash of nutmeg

Directions
1. Blend all ingredients together.
2. Shape into good size crab cakes.
3. Fry in butter or margarine in electric fry pan at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

This recipe for Delmarva Crab Cakes was originally conceived by Mrs. James Blizzard of Seafood, Delaware. It was the Crab Cake Winner in the 1965 National Hard Crab Derby in Crisfield, MD.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment