Friday, March 11, 2011

No destruction movies for me today


REUTERS/Amit Dave. Source

I love end-of-the-world movies, and it seems so ironic that I was so pumped to see Battle: LA, since it opens today. But after watching the news last night and throughout today, I'm not in the mood anymore. I've lived in Japan for 2 years and it was kind of emotional to see so many familiar places being completely swallowed by water and debris. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get in touch with all of our family and friends who live there. Fortunately I was able to get in touch with one childhood friend and he's ok.

My heart and prayers go out to all the people out there affected by the earthquake and the tsunamis. It's devastating, heart-breaking, heart-wrenching. I'm supposed to be writing a mini-mini-mini autobiography for class and I can't get a single word out.

No comments:

Post a Comment